Thursday 11 October 2007

A good feeling!!!

The final week has finally come and what first seemed to be a sudden jolt of panic has suddenly turned to a sense of relief. In the seminar groups with Steve it seemed like I had a lot to get on with in order to complete the 1st assignment on the deadline set (hand in date as Steve once stated). During the course of the week I have been gathering evidence and inserting my work into PageMaker, which is now considerably starting to make a lot more sense. The relief I feel is that the 1st assignment is coming to an end and everything I need to get on with is becoming clear with every thought about it. Something I haven’t liked about this week is that I have had to change my original web site plan. Sorry to the people that commented on my design, but by inserting my design in to PageMaker the view was horrendous. Alternatively I have taken away the back ground colouring, inserted text navigation, edited the dickens image and yes people, Charles Dickens is still looking in to the page.

In our groups with John we found out that a certain student (mentioning no names Rebecca) managed to lose a lot of work due to some technical difficulties. From finding out about this experience I can improve on my backing up skills in order for this to not become an issue in the duration of what seems to be a pleasant course.

Also this week I have realised how everyone in the group has adapted in the ways they have. Not only have I noticed a great deal of enthusiasm but also a great deal of friendship. I can honestly say now that I feel to be part of the course and part of a group of potentially dangerous designers that I may have the pleasure of competing or working with in the, what seems to be the very near future.

4 comments:

Shaun Bellis said...

Hey JB,

As usual, a very interesting journal entry.

I can relate to what you said about the closeness and friendship of the group because I really feel apart of that.

I understand your reasoning behind changing your design, however, please make sure that your paperwork (PageMaker) and you sketchbook show the though process behind the change.

I am not sure that it will go down very well if the only reason for the change is due to limitations with how you can use the software (I might be wrong - Steve?).

If you upload your new design, I am sure that people will comment on it for you.

Drop me an email if there is anything I can do to help.

Tom Smith said...

I know how you feel about having to do the redesign at the last moment... I was in a similar situation.

Hope you're happy with your new design, upload it if you get a chance so we can have a look.

John Browne said...

Ok ill upload for all to see on monday...thats the only access to pagemaker!

Liam Corfield said...

I know what you mean about backing up, I must have 3 full back ups of my work, and i sometime forget which are the most recent versions of it