Tuesday 16 October 2007

A Feeling of Relief...

Today in the HND Interactive Media section of Thornes, was the hand in date for the 1st assignment. As 12 o’clock had past and Steve stepped foot in to the class, a mass breathe of relief was released across the room with the thought of achievement in completing what seemed to be the hardest task up to press. Early this morning I arrived, with the intention of completing the assignment in approx 1 hour and having the rest of the morning to relax and think about the previous experience, although this didn’t conjure from the original plan. I found my self in a state of panic as I made a quick dash to PC world for a CD labelling kit as this was one of the tasks I overlooked. The over overlooked task was the referencing during the assignment which took me a good hour to configure to what seemed to be the correct standard. Sitting here now, I can gladly say that the experience and achievement has been pretty satisfying, both working on and completing A2 – That’s the Plan.

Next to come is the first experience of what is known as reading week. At the moment I sort of like the idea that ill be gaining more experience about the course and what is needed in order for me to pass it. It is known that a number of tutors through out your education may seem to want a mass amount of work in order for you to complete an assignment. During the previous years of education at Wakefield College I have often wondered why so much is required in order to complete an assignment when I have learnt what was needed. At this moment in time I have now realised that your learning is just as important as the evidence needed to prove what you have learnt.

For the final thought of this week’s online journal entry I can say that I am looking forward to starting some of the future activities on the course to boost my range of experience and creativity. Bring it on Steve!!!!

5 comments:

Liam Corfield said...

i must say J.B. you were very quick getting to PC world and back, i was rather shocked, you like lightning, but on a serios note, i think we are all relive about the assignment, it finaly gives us a week to clear our heads and prepare for the next assignment.

DREW said...

I remeber handing in my first assignement and it was a big relief as I wasn't used to working in the way we do on this course.

I think I am only just getting used to it now. I like the look of your final design it did change quite alot since the one I saw previously.

Good luck with your first assignment.

James Bell said...

I think you make a very good about the fact that it very essential that we can prove what we have learnt and I think that this is where our sketchbooks will be become very useful.

Webomatic said...

Hi J.B. yes i am also releaved about the first assignment been handed in, however i also no there is more to come and i am kinda exited waitinf for it, im sure reading week will have somthing to dow ith the next assignment.

Julian Dyer said...

It is usually the smallest tasks, such as the CD burning and label which create the most panic, John. This is why it is a good idea to write a ‘Hand In Checklist’ at the start of the assignment, which shows things like the CD label and burning, as well as checking the reference format and putting your work into plastic wallets and signing the cover sheet.

It is only something I have started to do recently, and it has helped a lot. It would be awful to fail the assignment because of some silly mistake, and writing a list at the start when you are not under pressure is a lot easier than stressing about something you have forgotten at the end.