Friday 21 December 2007

The End of Term 1!!!

Through out the term the course has shown all aspects that are possibly part of the design industry. These are emotional feelings towards work/own designs, friendliness of co-workers (students), a better understanding of the performance needed, more experience in various programs and the frustration it can all lead up to.

Over all this is by far the best, friendliest, and hardest working environment I have ever faced up to this present time. The over all amount of work needed to complete each assignment is outstanding compared to previous courses and can only be described as a good thing, and often known as a challenge.

Through out the last 4 months I have seen all the different types of moods shown by each of the students. Some moods were good and the others bad. But the main thing is that we have all stood aside each other in this difficult and nauseating time.

On a personal level I would like to thank Steve and John for the guidance and valuable experiences this term. And I would also like to thank all the students that have made this time more valuable then I could ever imagine.

From the completion of the latest assignments I can honestly say I have learnt a great deal, even though some of the work seemed as though we were replaying previous tasks from A2. The more informative part of the assignment this time round was the content of the WebPages, as this was something newly added, that is a differentiated asset from A2.

A4 so far is by far the most enjoyable assignment during the 1st term at the HND class. This is due to the designing part, as most of the other assignments were mainly written. Completing the image restoration gave me an immense boost in the Photoshop application, by its demonstration of the tools hosted. Through out the restoration I became very aware of a lot of tools and task that could be created in and by this advance piece of software.

A bright idea produced by Steve was to issue us with a time limited task in creating banners at a professional level. This allowed me (and I’m sure others) to produce a mass number of designs in the time allocated. The completion of these designs were very satisfying, mostly looking back at the ‘Tina May’ banner I created. In my eyes this appeared to me to be by far the best design work I have ever completed.

Looking back towards the 1st journal entry I produced in September, it appears that my knowledge and evaluative experience had greatly increased in terms of wording and productivity. This is to my knowledge a key asset to becoming a progressing designer.

After the full term break we will be progressing onto the build of the A3 web plan. This is in my opinion a very good task to begin as creating a website in Dreamweaver is something to complete that I finally have experience with. Through out the build I have a number of goals that I aim to stand by. In the result of not sticking with these goals, it will only show a state of failure in which I will have shown signs of underestimation. So now I will leave a list of the goals I am planning to stick by and improve during the next term and towards the end of the completing year.

- Improve my workings in the assignment template.
- Show more creativity with progressing ideas.
- Use my current knowledge and progress further.
- Carry on planning my time efficiently and effectively.
- Become more responsive towards email replying and journal commenting.
- And to keep on producing a good standard of evaluating journal entries.


P.S Merry Crimbo every one :D

8 comments:

Michelle Bonfield said...

You're definatley a fighter JB and I'm glad you've raised your game this term. I enjoy the vibrancy you add to the group and I hope there's much more to come in 2008!

James Bell said...

I agree with the fact that the banner creation was very satisfying.

It gave us the opportunity to see the progression from the initial idea to the finished product in a very short space of time and this is something I feel that we all benefited from.

Liam Corfield said...

I agree with James, the banner excerise was very benificial, i feel that it helped me alot.

Anonymous said...

Approximately two and a half hours until comments are closed for Semester 1.

Andrew said...

One thing I've noticed alot from you especially, is the quality of your blog comments; they always seem long and always contain good quality advice, I think some people still don't realise the importance of these blogs, but your working well with them.

I have to say, you best not fail this; you would be a such a big personality to lose within the group.

I've also looked at your blog entries when you first started out on the course, your recent ones are so much more comprehensive than your first few, alot more direct and less mumble.

I think you struggled alittle bit in the first part of the course, due to the fact you get distracted a tad easy and go off on researching random useless things! But I feel that your improving all the time and we're definitely seeing an all round better John Browne, and I know you will continue to improve.

Shaun Bellis said...

Hi JB,

Appreciation for other people work is very important. Inspiration can be found from almost anywhere at any time. It is however, important not to over compare your work with other peoples, experienced professions in particular.

I agree, the working environment both during and out of college hours is fantastic. I have mentioned many times before about the help and support that everyone shares; fantastic!

There is really quite a range of personalities in the class and as such reactions to different situations is inevitable.

I would also like to thank both Steve and John for the invaluable support given so far. The course can be full of pitfalls; to which I am sure I would have fallen victim to without their support.

The encouragement and support from fellow students [both first and second years] has been amazing. I hope we can carry this on into the years to come.

One think to remember is that [perfect] practice makes perfect. Whilst you may feel that there is some repetition between some of the assignments, it is a very important part of our development.

A4 was a fantastic assignment. The creative and pressure aspect of the banner creations was a great experience.

From looking at the HND site, it would appear that we are in for much of the same.

The targets and goals that you have set yourself appear to be realistic and with some elbow grease they are achievable.

Well done JB, that was quite a creative and thought provoking journal post.

Keep up the good work in the remaining time on the course and you shouldn't go far wrong.

--
“Show class, have pride, and display character. If you do, winning takes care of itself.” - Paul Bryant

Liam Corfield said...

the enviroment of this couse is so much better than the last couse, as i stated to greg, it seemed that the class's were split into different groups, and they all stayed togther. not a good working enviroment.

Anonymous said...

Semester 1 Journal Comments Closed.