Tuesday 4 December 2007

Harsh Reality!!!

As a result of completely failing assignment A2, it has come aware that play time is over. This course has already lost too many students and I don’t intend for me to be the next disappointing asset in the journey to becoming a designer. Early this week we leant that one of out fellow students had a change of heart about his path in life. This led to an upsetting moment where Tom Wealthy decided to leave this career path in order to pursuit another. Some may feel disappointed, some may feel lost for words, but I feel it is best to just be happy with the decision made by Tom. Cya later buddy, Good luck.

From failing the assignment, that’s The Plan, I can only gain a better understanding of what needed to be included in an assignment for future references. From this unfortunate event, I now plan to improve a great deal in order to pass A3 with flying colours. Been on this course means a lot to me and it would be a great loss if I were not able to complete it for what ever reason.

A3- Up to press I believe I’m on the merge of improving my self as we have 2 weeks in order for me to complete the assets list, budget statement, evaluation and the design feedback. This may seem like a lot to some people but it is as simple as it comes. This could be completed with college time alone provided I knuckle down to the task. But this is something I’m not going to do, as I plan to take full advantage of my home study time, which will give me a lot of progress in this assignment. After completing what I have to do I can only brush up on what I have done in order to get that mark I am aiming for.

A4- The last task as I noticed began to bring out the creative flare in most people. This was the image restoration task. Up to press I have completed it except for one minor fault. It seems to look a little grainy (stated by Andrew Whelan) when up close. So far in my recent attempts it has proved useless in getting this right. I’ve played with just about every setting I can think of and nothing seems to work. Any advice or tips will be a great help on that one, Thanks.

Today we started the banner task. In this task we are required to create a Skyscraper and a Medium Rectangle banner. The theme in which to create these 2 styles of banners we’re given to us by Steve in the form of 5 photographic images. With these images we are required to only use 2, and incorporate them in to the design, being careful not to damage or change any part of the actual image.

The tasks to complete for this weeks home study are:

- Read and comment on at least 4 other students’ journal entries.
- Complete the assets list.
- Design feedback (Images are below if any one wants to leave a comment).
- Budget Statement.
- And the 2 banners.

3 comments:

Tom Smith said...

By 'Medium Triangle', I think you mean 'Medium Rectangle' :P

John Browne said...

LOL, Thanks tom, I'll correct that....

Anonymous said...

Comment deadline.