Tuesday 11 December 2007

A Brighter Reality!!!

This week has seemed very satisfying and rewarding in both the work load, and the gains of new experience. I speak of this as the A3 assignment is nearly to a complete state (excluding a few images, the assets list, some references and a few amendments pointed out in seminar). Another thing that has lifted the feeling this week is the amount of image feedback in the permission state of the assets. My images have come from a number of sources, complete with licensing and permission. 1 of the website I gained feed back from was IBM. This may not have been an email of permission, but it did appoint me to 1 of its website pages in which contained a permission of use form. Very satisfying is the feeling when gaining feedback from a professional company. Another site I gained feed back from was http://www.webcreationuk.com/. This was in relation to a price of a professionally made website sold in the industry. This information was needed in order to gain a general knowledge of what price could be included in the price list of A3.

A4 hasn’t been worked on a great deal this last week as I’ve been concentrating mainly on A3. At the state of its current form, it only really needs a few amendments, a little feedback and an evaluation, not forgetting to actually place it all in to ‘InDesign’ also. Today I’ve mainly been working on the banner creations for A4. During the time spent on this I believe I’ve learnt a great deal more in Photoshop and the general layouts of a banner in forms of contrast, repetition, alignment, and proximity.

A downside to today was that I accidentally over slept, which made me late for class. As a result to not having Steve’s number saved in my phone book, I was unable to get in touch with him to let him know I was going to be late. This meant I spent the morning part of class self studying in the library (not the greatest thing in the world I might add). From this unforeseen misfortune, I have only managed to gain the number in which will prevent me from been sent out of class in the event of this ever happening again in future (thanks Michelle).

Now that this week has been talked about here are a few tasks I am required to do this week in self study:

- Amend errors in A3
- Complete referencing
- Gain remainder of pictures needed and complete assets list
- Gain feedback for the banner creations when amended
- Comment on 6 other students journal entries
- And ensure A4 is inserted into InDesign complete with referencing

5 comments:

Victoria Fisher said...

I thought that my seminar meeting , made me happier about where I was with my work, and it was good to go thought every think we had done and ask any question about things we wasn’t 100% about.

Tom Smith said...

I'm really glad I managed to come in for the seminar group this week... like you said, it brought a few important things up that needed to be sorted!

Rebecca Bradley said...

I also thought the meetings where good this week to. As we where able to go over the work and ask questions we wanted.

Shaun Bellis said...

Hey JB

Once again a very insightful post. I am very pleased to hear you are progressing well throughout the assignments.

Seminar groups are becoming a ever more increasingly valuable resource; and are not to be underestimated.

Keep pushing on JB and you will do well.

Anonymous said...

Comment deadline.