Tuesday 20 November 2007

The Excitment of Manipulation!!!

1st things first, I must remember to complete all tasks asked of by Steve for the date set. On Monday morning of this week I was yet again told to leave the room as I failed to copy last Mondays lecture out of a fellow students note book. This resulted in me missing out on Monday mornings lecture, which I am required to gain for next week. The task I was required to do during lecture time was to take notes of last weeks lecture in which Michelle gracefully gave us her note book to carry out the task from. Thanks Michelle.

After the task of copying last weeks lecture, we came back to gain a lecture on Type faces. This explained various styles of font and an outline of typography. Back to work after dinner I set out to complete my delivery requirements and competitive analysis. The chosen sites I used for analysing were www.comptechdoc.org/basic/basictut/ and www.geekgirls.com/menu_basic_computing.htm, which were very helpful in understanding the requirement needed to complete the task.

Tuesday. What a day. We started out with a lecture about image manipulation and how to restore an image back to its former glory. In this lecture we talked about the various tools in Photoshop that are required much use in order to complete the task of restoring an old image received from Steve’s own personal collection. Before lunch we were allowed to have a little mess around with the image in Photoshop to get a better understanding of what is required from us.

After returning from lunch it was straight back to work for the 1st years. With the intention of professionally restoring the image, I set out on a mission which has been quite enjoyable. So far I have restored the back ground of the image, the leg on the right, the top right hand corner, the fold cease on the left person, and a few out of place pixels on the person on the left of the image. My intention now is to complete the restoration of the image and import colour in order for Steve to place his opinion on it next week.

During the time of restoration my seminar group had its weekly discussion with Steve on order to talk about our project goals, target audience, delivery requirements and competitive analysis. During this time we talked about whether our goals are measurable, technologies to be used in the delivery requirements, and a brief discussion about the website’s visited for analysis.

Tasks to be completed for next week:

- Complete image manipulation task complete with colour.
- Copy out Mondays lecture into my sketchbook
- Stick to my time planning.
- Insert at least 4 comments on to other student's journal entries

7 comments:

Tom Smith said...

Glad you're enjoying the image restoration, JB. I am too.

I notice from your targets for this week there's no mention of any aspect of A3. Careful you don't forget about doing some work for this!

Greg Carrick said...

I'm also enjoying the image restoration task and it's nice to know you are too.

It seems your getting on well with the image restoration.

Shaun Bellis said...

Hey JB

It appears that everyone is getting a lot from the A4 assignment; however, as Tom has rightly said, please do not for get about the A3 assignment.

At this point I would just like to direct you to Andrews journal entry to join into the football 'v' rugby debate with regards the First 'v' Second year challenge.

--
Thanks

Shaun Bellis

Rebecca Bradley said...

I'am really enjoying restoring the image, so glad to see you are to.

It seems that you know what needs to be done with the image and how your going to do the task.

James Bell said...

With a task like the image restoration I think it would be easy to focus solely on it for the whole week but this is where the time planning and the effective use of time sheets needs to utilised to ensure that the work is done for both tasks.

Looked like you were really enjoying this task on Tuesday. Looking forward to seeing the finished version.

Anonymous said...

Comment deadline.

John Browne said...

Thanks Tom, I will be sure to keep A3 in mind other the weekend. Thanks :D