Tuesday 18 September 2007

Past Statement!

Endure is a statement I have used in the past and Steve can back that up. My reason for saying this is because, so far I have completed only the ‘Project Goals’. The other tasks started are still ongoing. These tasks involve the ‘Target Audience’, the ‘Delivery Requirements’ and the ‘Competitive Analysis’. The reason for this is that the target audience task needs to be thought about a little more as my main target audience is primarily set for any fiction story reader who is interested in the work of Charles Dickens. The secondary audience falls in to the student category of English GCSE and H/E. As stated by Steve, I need to be a little more specific when it comes to thinking about the target audience.

The delivery requirements are pretty much up to scratch in terms of client and designer needs for the project. The hardest part is to gain as much information about ‘HTML’, ‘XHTML’, and ‘Java Scripts’ in order for me to understand them. So far in this task I have managed to find out information about CGI Scripts/Proxy and the Web Accessibility Guidelines.

Conclusion:
This week’s self study will result in me having to really pull my finger out and research the named web scripts as much as possible in order to keep up to date with the assignment. This is required of me so that I am able to complete the following tasks:

- Target Audience
- Delivery Requirements
- Competitive Analysis

Other ongoing tasks to work on are:

- Placing images of inspiration in my note book
- Gain more images of inspiration
- Gain more evidence in my note book

For gaining inspiration I will be keeping my eyes open through the week, so that I don’t miss possible chances of gaining inspiration from other people’s graphical imagery or advertising.

In other news we have had another group meeting with Steve in our seminar groups in which we discussed our current progress in the assignment so far. This lasted 45 minutes and we covered all the above readings on the assignment. We also had a visit from the student finance office of Wakefield College in which a female candidate talked about information on applying for a student loan, how to go if you haven’t received your student loan and what you can do if you haven’t applied for a student loan.

3 comments:

Suzanne Hullah said...

endurance is the best advice you can give yourself, after starting the course late i can certainly relate!

Greg Carrick said...

I’m also finding it hard to do the technology side of the delivery requirements especially the different versions of code, so I guess all that can be done is more research!

Webomatic said...

Work to your own pace and you will eventually get there, i my self find some work harder than others, but i get it done by asking questions ect