Wednesday 5 September 2007

Before the Starting Line


My name is John Browne, a student of the HND Interactive Media course and to get to this current stage it has taken me 4 years of previous education. Over the last 4 years I have had to attend 3 previous courses at Wakefield College. The first course was the Foundation GNVQ in ICT which consisted of the basics in computing and information resources. For this course I obtained a Distinction level which was enough to jump to the advance course of this subject, but as I wanted to learn the topic gradually, I chose to attend the intermediate course. In my opinion it is better to slowly learn something rather then jumping to the highest point and finding it a struggle to get through. The second course that I chose to attend was the Intermediate GNVQ in ICT which was very similar to the first year, but was more in-depth on the subject. For this particular course I obtained a merit level. The third and most previous course was a GCE in ICT which was an advance level of ICT in which we researched and produced portfolios’ on the more professional aspects of ICT such as Multi-Media, Web Hosting, Networking and Project Management.

The directions in my life that I most want to go are on to full time employment in the design industry as either a ‘Web Designer’, ‘Graphic Editor’, or an ‘Advertising Clerk’. Also a tutor’s position that involves subjects I have or am currently studying sounds of some interest. This sort of career interests me as I believe I have a creative imagination which could be a core benefit to the business I am appointed to when the time comes. The tutor position inspires and attracts me as I feel that it could be a rewarding career by passing on my creative and design (soon to be learned) skills on to up coming generations of possible potential.

To get to the stage I want I am aiming for, I am going to have to endure more challenging and pro-longed work loads which will improve both my design and technicality. By doing this, I will become a good asset to any company/business of employment in any part of the design industry. My targets during the build up to this state of employment are to improve my literal and communications skills, improve on my creative and design skills. I would also like to understand the relevant software applications, become compatible with both Apple Macs and regular Personal Computer's (PC's). Other targets are to over come any obstacle, no matter how difficult, to gain more understanding about how the industry work and to be able to explain my opinions on any peice of graphical artwork. It would also be essential for me to be able to mark work correctly, and to learn how to be part of a team in a full on work environment.

An over all summary of this is that I intend to do my over all best in the course I am currently attending whilst taking in new skills and widening my range of creativity.

No comments: